On Wed, 25 Jun 2014 17:44:48 +0100, Mick wrote:

> > Install a simple forwarding MTA like ssmtp to have all mails from cron
> > and friends sent to your ISP mailbox.
>
> ... and when you find out please tell us:
>
> 1) What syntax is appropriate to allow the use of mail account passwds
> which contain not just alphanumeric characters but also symbols like
> [~@#$] ?
>
> 2) How can you force it to NOT use RC4 cipher when it logs into Google
> Mail to relay messages, but the more secure ECDHE-RSA-AES128-GCM-SHA256
> that the server proposes ?

It's debatable whether either of those scenarios fall within the
definition of "simple". If something that simple won't do what you want,
and there are several to try: ssmtp, esmtp, nullmailer etc, then you may
need to use the likes of Postfix - but for Dale's situation, a lightweight
forwarder is better than not being able to monitor his system.

--
Neil Bothwick

I thought the 10 commandments were multiple choice.