On Tue, 21 Jul 2015 20:27:32 +1000, wraeth wrote:

> > Something like KeePass. It has Linux, Windows and Android clients and
> > because the file is encrypted locally, you can store it in a cloud
> > service, although I now use Syncthing to keep it on all my devices,
> > now that my life is free of Dropbox.
>
> I also use KeePass, including both GUI and Python (dev-python/keepassx)
> front-ends and sync it with a self-hosted ownCloud server - keeps my
> data _my_ data.
>
> Unfortunately it doesn't have the integration you get with something
> like LastPass, but it does mean it would take one heck of a catastrophic
> event to make me loose my passwords.

On the other hand, it does allow you to store extra information, like
memorable words, and the auto-type feature gives enough integration for
me.

> That being said, not everyone wants or otherwise needs something like
> ownCloud, so you could also do it through scp and cron, etc.

Have you tried Syncthing - http://syncthing.net/ ? I only discovered it
recently and it is a really nice syncing solution if you just want to
keep files available in multiple locations without the complexity of
ownCloud or the limitations of Dropbox.

--
Neil Bothwick

Evolution stops when stupidity is no longer fatal!