Sebastian Günther wrote:
> * Dale (rdalek1...@gmail.com) [06.02.09 23:56]:
>
>> This was one thing I liked about Mandrake, now Mandriva.  Put in the CD,
>> boot up, set up drives, select ALL the software you can stand, let it
>> install and then reboot.  What really made it good, when you reboot, ALL
>> your software is already installed.  Dang that was cool.  It doesn't run
>> as fast as Gentoo but if you want a Linux install in a hurry, that is
>> one way to get it.  Then you can use Mandrake to do your Gentoo
>> install.  chroot works wonderfully.  Run into a problem, just go to a
>> browser and search the forums etc to get help.
>>

> *Install* Mandrake, to install Gentoo?
>
> Where were you when Klaus invented Koppix...

At the time I had never heard of Knoppix and I am not even sure if it
was around then.  Also, I already had Mandrake installed.  That was my
first Linux.

>> All this beats winders hands down.
>>

> This surely not...

Yep, when I saw winders 3.1 and what a mess it was, I quit my puter job
and went to work for a magazine company.  Got out of the puter mess.  I
have never bought anything M$ either.  I have never had anything winders
on my computer either.

>> Dale
>>

> Sebastian

Dale