Jesús Guerrero wrote:
> El Vie, 6 de Febrero de 2009, 23:55, Dale escribió:
>

>> This was one thing I liked about Mandrake, now Mandriva.  Put in the CD,
>> boot up, set up drives, select ALL the software you can stand, let it
>> install and then reboot.  What really made it good, when you reboot, ALL
>> your software is already installed.  Dang that was cool.  It doesn't run
>> as fast as Gentoo but if you want a Linux install in a hurry, that is one
>> way to get it.  Then you can use Mandrake to do your Gentoo install.
>> chroot works wonderfully.  Run into a problem, just go to a browser and
>> search the forums etc to get help.
>>

> Weird like hell. Just boot a knoppix livecd and install gentoo
> from there. Or any livecd of your liking.
>
> If you like Mandriva and you install it to use it, then it's
> ok, but to install it just to use it as a Gentoo installer it's
> a weird thing to say the least.

Mandrake was what I switched from.  I used Mandrake for about six months
when I decided to switch, mostly because the upgrade process sucked.  I
didn't install Mandrake just to install Gentoo, it was what was already
installed.

That said, if I thought I would run into trouble and needed my dial-up
to work during the install, I would stick in a old drive and install
Mandrake and install from there.  I'm not saying someone else should but
setting up dial-up on most bootable CDs is not fun.

Dale

:-)  :-)