El Sab, 7 de Febrero de 2009, 19:37, Dale escribió:
> Jesús Guerrero wrote:
>
>> El Vie, 6 de Febrero de 2009, 23:55, Dale escribió:
[...]
>> If you like Mandriva and you install it to use it, then it's
>> ok, but to install it just to use it as a Gentoo installer it's a weird
>> thing to say the least.
>>

> Mandrake was what I switched from.  I used Mandrake for about six months
> when I decided to switch, mostly because the upgrade process sucked.  I
> didn't install Mandrake just to install Gentoo, it was what was already
> installed.

Well, that makes more sense of course.

> That said, if I thought I would run into trouble and needed my dial-up
> to work during the install, I would stick in a old drive and install
> Mandrake and install from there.  I'm not saying someone else should but
> setting up dial-up on most bootable CDs is not fun.

I know from experience how "funny" winmodems can be. That's why
when I used to use a modem I decided to buy a serial true modem
and crapped out my conexant hsf winmodem. True modems work out
of the box without any problem. All you need is to configure
your dialer.

--
Jesús Guerrero