I hesitate to add to what is already a leviathan of a thread... but here
goes.
Assuming a carbon price were in effect, could coastal governments and
landowners offset the cost of beach enhancement & sand replacement with
CO2-sequestering sand? It would not  have to optimally efficient to be
substantial.
On the face of it, getting permitted to use olivine on beaches seems a huge
hurdle, but there is a already a tremendous amount of stirring-up of
shallow coastal waters, budgeted and permitted. Transportation has already
been arranged.   Based on my familiarity of the Jersey Shore, coastal towns
throw enough money at replacing sand that will quickly erode away, so why
not put it to some long-term use? (Perhaps Atlantic City's unemployed
croupiers can be sent out stirring the beaches). I have no idea how to
calculate the potential scale, but perhaps this has already been done.

Convince homeowners' associations to link CDR to property values and you've
harnessed an unstoppable force...

And is dredging relevant here? Talk about mass-handling.