Surely it's pretty simple. It's a cash and risk trade off.

CCS is expensive, at about 10-30% of electricity costs. It also doesn't
work on historic emissions, or distributed emissions, and it's
significantly more expensive on biofuels/hydrocarbons than on coal. There
are also non trivial safety concerns about reservoir stability.

Olivine works on all emissions, everywhere. The only risk is of smothering
a few starfish, and shifting local ocean chemistry if it's too
concentrated.

Olivine is, as we've just demonstrated, probably around a third of the cost
of bulk coal, which is way cheaper than the terminal energy cost anyhow.
Maybe it's 15pc on fuel bills? Probably cheaper than peak load renewables
at current prices.

So, which is cheaper and safer? My money is on the olivine.