Would there be any objection to overriding the compiled in configuration
file directory with an environment variable.  This would allow
installation in a directory structure other than the build structure.

Example:  I configure and build to /e/local/user  ( actually
e:/usr/local on Win98 ).  However, I want to install it later to
/usr/local.  Unfortunately, /e/usr/local/etc/ggi is build into the
executable, and will not run properly on another system W/O
e:/usr/local)  I'd like to override this with an environment variable.

Any thoughts

John