[Resending because the original did not arrive.]
Hi John [and all],

On Fri, 5 Aug 2016 11:18:38 +0100
jcup...@gmail.com wrote:

> On 5 August 2016 at 10:00, Carmelo DrRaw <aferrero1...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Last night I have prepared a first appimage for testing. It contains:
> It seems to work well on gubuntu 16.04! I have some small comments:

Pardon my ignorance, but what exactly is "Gubuntu" (which is the first time I
heard of it)? This search gives nothing specific -
https://duckduckgo.com/?q=gubuntu&ia=web while this page -
https://ubuntugnome.org/documentation/faq/ reads:

Why aren’t you named Gubuntu?

    Gubuntu would sound too much like Goobuntu, Google’s internal distribution
of Ubuntu. The GNOME Foundation Board did not want us to use a derivative of
GNOME like GNOMEbuntu as our name. Anyway, we think the name Ubuntu GNOME is a
good example of the simple usability we offer.

Please enlighten me.

        Shlomi Fish
gimp-developer-list mailing list