Guillermo S. Romero / Familia Romero ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] (2001-05-25 at 1319.34 +0200):
> > Moderation should be as easy as scrathing your head. 2 or more moderators
> > should get e-mails with the article and two links in them. [YEAH]
> > [NO WAY!]
>
> Why links? Why not mail too? Like mailing list subscribe (or anything,
> admins just forget to say how to use the email interface in the web
> interface in most lists I have seen).
>
> > That way the laziness is (hopefully) not as much of a problem.
>
> Hit reply key, keep the random code in the subject (each articles gets
> one), add "accept" or "reject". That is lazyness.

Personally I am not happy about another "new" Community Site.
I think there are already enough "Community" (Buzz Buzz) pages,
for example the GUG pages and (for german speaking people) www.gimp.de.

We also have a great way to help people (and should mention this on
the new site) in the newsgroup comp.graphics.apps.gimp and in irc.

A Community-based page adds a *lot* of complexity to the new site and
potentially adds problems with what gets posted.

At www.gimp.de people post about "how to make red t-shirts yellow"
or "do I need a screen resolution of 1024x768 for Gimp with windows
or is 800x600 sufficient?" and I dont want this kind of messages at
the most important Gimp Resource. Good tutorials are waaaaaaaaayyyyyy(!)
more important.

Bye,
        Simon
--