On Wed, 6 Jun 2001, Hans Breuer wrote:

> What do you suggest? Stopping the distribution of gtk/win32 apps ??

Maybe add an explicit message in the installer that the Win32 version is
highly experimental compared to the Linux version.

> And as a reply to your next mail: If I would want my mom use
> The Gimp, I would have run the installation for her, so all
> the optimizations for the one time used appears rather wasted
> to me.

I don't see your point. Yes, I did install Gimp for my mother. So?
The point is that not everybody has a "computer wizard" on hand just to
install a graphics program one wants to test. Gimp is some kind of
flagship for "free software for the end user", so it would be nice to have
it installable by the end user.

Anyway, it's my 0.02 euro. Don't take it as inflammatory! :-(

David Monniaux            http://www.di.ens.fr/~monniaux
Laboratoire d'informatique de l'École Normale Supérieure,
Paris, France