On Thu, Jun 21, 2001 at 12:28:30PM +0300, Tuomas Kuosmanen wrote:
>I am more concerned about the all other options on the
>JPEG dialog, I never use anything else than the compression slider. Of
>course this is partly because the plugin used to crash if I moved the other
>ones .. :)

I forwarded a received patch for making the dialog tabbed once (and in
general cleaning it up), but it never got accepted.

>I personally have no clue what "Restart markers" or DCT method of "Fast
>integer" means in practice. So maybe someone who knows can look into this,
>and try to think what options are really necessary, and if there is really a
>point in showing some of them to the user, how to label it so you dont need
>to be a member of the Join Photographic Experts Group to know how to use the
>save dialog :-)

Good point -- now personally, I think I use everything except Restart
markers nearly _every_ time I use the JPEG filter, but then I added this
crap ;-)

/* Steinar */
--
Homepage: http://members.xoom.com/sneeze/