Hi,

"Rebecca J. Walter" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Sven even made changes in autogen to make the tutorial simpler.

this is not true. I tried to get some magic into acinclude.m4 to
remove the need to have glib-1.3 and pkg-config installed to compile
gimp-1.2 from CVS. However I haven't found a good solution so
far. This means that pkg.m4 and glib-gettext.m4 are still needed and
neither the file HACKING nor the tutorial mention this in enough
detail. I'll probably give it another try and if I fail again, I'll
update HACKING accordingly.

A few points about the tutorial:

- I'm missing the names of the authors and an email address for
  further questions, suggestions, etc.
- There's a typo in explanation of .cvsrc: "The the maintainers ..."
- You might want to add the -p flag to the diff commands. It adds
  the name of the changed function to the generated diff. IMO this
  helps a lot when reading diffs. However this is not really needed
  when compiling GIMP.

Salut, Sven