Please everyone test this how to and see if it is lacking anything. It
is intended to be a beginner tutorial for compiling gimp 1.2 from CVS.

I want everyone to read it even if you don't have time to test it.
Carol and I worked really hard on it. I wrote it as an intermediate
tutorial, but carol worked on it and got info out of people and tested
it to make it a beginner tutorial.  Sven even made changes in autogen to
make the tutorial simpler.

So read it and test it and critique it or feel the wrath of an angry

ps--for those who doubted it without reading it, you owe carol an