Hi,

"Branko Collin" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> On 21 Jan 2002, at 13:32, Carol Spears wrote:
> > On 2002-01-21 at 1920.13 +0100, Sven Neumann typed this mail:
>
> > > ack. The "Compile The GIMP from CVS" HOWTO should refer to the
> > > "Compile The GIMP from source" HOWTO and focus on the possible
> > > pitfalls that compiling from CVS adds (cvs, aclocal, autoconf,
> > > automake).
> >
> > hmm.
> >
> > gimp-howtos-build-stable-tarball
> > gimp-howtos-build-stable-cvs
> > gimp-howtos-build-unstable-tarball
> > gimp-howtos-build-unstable-cvs
> >
> > do you ack at this?
>
> Aren't gimp-howtos-build-unstable-tarball and gimp-howtos-build-
> unstable-cvs just:
>
> "Pester Sven or Mitch until you find out what they broke last night
> and how to route around that."? ;-)

I guess you are joking but I want to state this nevertheless:

The version from CVS should always build and indeed it does so almost
all of the time. If someone has trouble to build we ask you to pester
whoever might have broken the build (check the ChangeLog!). If there's
an obvious fix and you have CVS write access, please go ahead and
commit the change without waiting for approval. We can always do the
right fix later if yours turned out to be wrong.

Salut, Sven