On Wed, Feb 06, 2002 at 02:17:21PM +0100, Raphael Quinet <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> EXIF data and simply copy the descriptions given in the EXIF standard.
> Some of the fields will have to be discarded (or set read-only or not
> persistent) because they only make sense for the original file format

It might hurt, but I think the best thing is to not attach these values at
all, as there is no semantics attached to them until the core recognizes
and modifies them properly on edits (at least for most values).

The biggest problem is the format inside parasites - i personally dislike
gserialize (unused anyway), and strongly favour very simple decomposing,
i.e. scalars ("single-valued string-thingy") where possible. So the more
parasites the better ;)