On Mon, Mar 04, 2002 at 01:55:37PM -0500, Tom Rathborne <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> but you may have to wait for Gimp-2.0 to lose the dependence on X and
> Gtk+. Hopefully Gimp-1.3 will make more functions available via the
> PDB, but it's already pretty complete.

the big problem is indeed fonts (and that's taken care of). the only other
problem is long-term-stability, but for real daemonized usage some restarting
is inevitable (after all, what's the DBI->ping method for).

As Net-Fu shows/solves, the biggest problem is practical availability
(caring for gimp restarts, resync, locking), not so much lack of features, as
everything is already there in gimp-1.2.

So... who wants to invest some time into her existing framework to make
it usable for other people (I am quite sure many people have solved these
problems for themselves already...)