On Wed, 18 Dec 2002 12:19:28 -0800 (PST), Nathan Carl Summers <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> The gimp web team has desired that the current FAQ's be updated to reflect
> the current 1.2.x reality for some time.

Sorry to rehash a topic that has already been mentioned a few days ago
on the gimp-dev list, but what is the gimp web team and how do I get in
touch with it?  I haven't seen the FAQ topic being discussed on the
gimp-web list (which would be the appropriate place for this).

Also, I would be nice for me to know what is being planned, since I am
the current maintainer for www.gimp.org and I have just updated some of
the FAQ links on these pages (pointing to the GUG FAQs for the moment).
Note that I will be away from the 'net for the next 10 days so it is a
bit late for me to ask, but it would be nice if a bit more information
was shared on the gimp-web mailing list.

> We have decided to do this in two parts.  First, we will issue a Call for
> Questions.  Please send in all questions you would like to have in the new
> Gimp User FAQ to [EMAIL PROTECTED], and CC them to the lists for discussion.

I think that it would be nicer to have a list of questions that have
already been asked than a list of questions that could be interesting
but have never been asked in practice.  The latter tends to duplicate
the existing documentation.

Anyway, I think that the first question in the list (or the second one,
just after "What is the GIMP?") should be "Where can I get more
information?".  The FAQ will never be complete, so it is important to
point to other sources of information (help pages, documentation, web
sites) so that the user know where to find the answer to some
questions that would not be in the FAQ.

-Raphaël