[EMAIL PROTECTED] (2002-12-20 at 1246.03 +0100):
> I agree for CMYK, DPI as well as RGB, but I don't think that RGBA is
> a commonly used term and it should thus not be used in the user
> interface and AFAIK it isn't.

You should then check GIMP's Compose operation, you can compose three
images as RGB, or four as RGBA. And when you inspect a PNG you can get
ones that are RGB and some others that are RGBA (file(1) reports all
this correctly), no coder voodoo, but plain user interests. For me and
the people I know around, RGBA is a perfectly normal term, at the same
level of the others.

GSR