On 10 Feb 2003 18:39:09 +0100, Niklas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Mon, 2003-02-10 at 13:37, Raphaël Quinet wrote:
> > I am not sure that the front page should have some kind of news,
> > though.  [...]  The home page of the developers'
> > site would only have a set of links to the important sections of the
> > site, even if this duplicates some parts of the navigation bar.
>
> Yes, but what should be here instead? Some info about what
> developer.gimp.org is?

Yes, something like that.  And maybe duplicate some links from the
navigation bar, with some additional explanations about what you can
find on those pages.

> > That's fine for me.  There are only a few requirements that I would
> > like to put on the design:
[...]
> All this is no problem at all. The big problem in this case would be the
> CVS stuff for the developer.gimp.org, I don't have knowledge enough to
> create a CVS-server for the site. Any ideas?

You don't have to worry about that.  If we do not need remote CVS
access, we can simply set up a local repository on wilber (the box
that runs the web server).  If you do not have an account on that
machine, then we can use a remote CVS server.  For example, we could
apply for the creation of a new module on cvs.gnome.org.  That should
be possible.

> That is great, I would be more then happy to work with the design.

You are welcome!

I think that we should move that discussion to the gimp-web list, if
it is still working (it has been silent for a bit more than a year).
As a test, I have posted this message to both lists and I will see
if it gets through.  If it does, then I suggest that we continue the
discussion there.

-Raphaël