Hi,

"Branko Collin" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> As to the latter, I don't think so, or there wouldn't be a Film GIMP.
> Cinepaint exists, because it fulfils a clear need.

You have a point here but I was only trying to raise some interest in
the work that Wolfgang Hofer is doing on GAP lately. If anyone is
interested, the code is in module gimp-gap and there are CVS snapshots
available on http://sven.gimp.org/.  GIMP may not yet be able to
provide the 16bit per channel resolution the film people keep asking
for but there's work going on for a frame manager and onion skinning
which seem to the outstanding features of FilmGIMP.