>From what I expected and understood from the Future of Gimp RFC:

Gimp 2.0 will indeed have 16-bit per colour value, CMYK, integration with
GEGL, etc. If there's still work in this direction, then I suggest making
it version 2.0, and keeping the next stable release as 1.4.

Note that a 1.4 version does not devaluate of all the hard work that was
put into the Gimp. By all means, a new secondary version in Gimp is always
a big deal, and will be very appreciated.

Best regards,

        Shlomi Fish

Shlomi Fish        [EMAIL PROTECTED]

An apple a day will keep a doctor away. Two apples a day will keep two
doctors away.

        Falk Fish