On Tuesday, August 12, 2003, at 11:47 AM, Nathan Carl Summers wrote:

On Sun, 10 Aug 2003, Leonard Rosenthol wrote:

At 7:18 PM +0200 8/10/03, Guillermo S. Romero / Familia Romero wrote:

About TIFF, every now and then someone appears with an horror story about TIFF
files, so while better than PSD, I dunno if enough. :/

There are programs out there that generate bad TIFF - for one reason or another. But we already have to deal with that in our native TIFF coder...

This is what I mean by a standard that people can have confidence in -- people should trust that if their program writes good XCF's that a good program will be able to read it.

It's usually the TIFF creators that are buggy, the readers are a lot better (this is at
least my experience).

Karl Heinz