On Mon, 11 Aug 2003 10:58:10 +0100
"Adam D. Moss" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Can you provide a copy of the GIF in question?
>
> To be clear, this only happens to the GIF when when you SAVE it
> out from .17 or .18?  If so, do you see any warnings on the
> console when you save from these versions?
>
> --Adam
> --
> Adam D. Moss   . ,,^^   [EMAIL PROTECTED]   http://www.foxbox.org/   co:3
> "I am NOT a nut!  I am the keeper of the seven universal truths!"

Hello, Adam :)
You should have already received an e-mail that I sent with a link to
the original image, but I sent it to myself instead of the list :)
Here is the link, though, to the image in question:
http://www.faith4miracle.org/FaithLogo-circle.gif

Since my original e-mail, I discovered that I didn't even have gtk+ on
my system.  But I since have installed gtk+-2.2.2 and recompiled and
installed Gimp 1.3.18, but I still have the same problem.

In reference to the following question:
> > To be clear, this only happens to the GIF when when you SAVE it
> > out from .17 or .18?  If so, do you see any warnings on the
> > console when you save from these versions?

the image always displays properly before I open it in Gimp 1.3.17 or
1.3.18.  Whenever I have saved one of the images that was given a pink
background instead of a transparent one, there has been absolutely no
error messages whatsoever.

Thanks for your speedy response :), and when I get some time, I'll send
a message telling you everyting I love about the Gimp :)

Steven P. Ulrick