Hi,

Sven Neumann wrote:
> David Neary <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> > The API changes are, in short, additions to the API which can be
> > checked in very soon after the 2.0 release, or even before it if
> > they're trivial enough. Since none of these will break existing
> > scripts or plug-ins, I don't think that they could cause any
> > problems.
>
> Sorry, but *no* API changes can and will be made during the stable
> series. An exception would be severe problems with the API that make
> an API change unavoidable. Additions to the API mean new functionality
> and can only go into the HEAD branch leading to GIMP-2.2.

That seems a bit strict to me for some things which will
essentially be small local changes, but I guess we have different
philosophies on this. In any case, "very soon after the 2.0
release" could also mean "after we branch off a 2.0 maintenance
branch".

> > The text tool is, I think, good enough to be in a stable release.
>
> Sorry, but it isn't. At least undo needs to work correctly and must
> not crash the application. I will continue to work on the text tool
> when Blinkenlights Reloaded is up and running.

Fair enough. It is at least good enough to be in a pre-release,
though :)

Cheers,
Dave.

--