On Sat, 13 Mar 2004 14:11:48 +0100, Henrik Brix Andersen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Sat, 2004-03-13 at 14:06, Jean-Luc Coulon (f5ibh) wrote:
> > Locale is [EMAIL PROTECTED], but I tried with LC_MESSAGES=C and got the same
> > effect (less annoying anyway because the English sentences are mostly
> > shorter).
>
> I can not reproduce the problem here using LANG=C. Can you provide a
> screen shot showing the problem?

It probably depends on the font size that you are using.  I could
reproduce the annoying resizing problem by reducing the width of the
splash screen in order to make the problem more obvious.  Just edit
$PREFIX/share/gimp/1.3/images/gimp_splash.png and make it smaller.
You will then see the splash window getting wider and narrower during
start-up.

I don't know if we should try to have a wider splash screen.  Is this
a real issue in many locales?

-RaphaŽl