Hi Sven,

Le 13.03.2004 16:20, Sven Neumann a crit:
Hi,

"Jean-Luc Coulon (f5ibh)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

I don't think my font size is so huge ;-)

Well, your font isn't that huge but you've choosen a very wide font. It's of course up to you, but you will be suffering from this problem in all dialogs. I suggest you don't use an oblique font for your desktop.

Snifff ... I loved it ...

But you are right, in the past, I had a problem with the gnome-panel and italic fonts, the right-end character was truncated (fixed in gnome 2.6).

For The Gimp, with simple arial, up to 12, there is no problem.

While we are speaking of splash screen a 3:2 ratio or 4:3 ratio or "magic number" ratio rectangle instead of a square shape would looks even better, but it is a matter of taste ;-)

--
                J-L

Sven