Le 13.03.2004 15:28, Jean-Luc Coulon (f5ibh) a crit:
Le 13.03.2004 15:13, Sven Neumann a crit:

"Jean-Luc Coulon (f5ibh)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

>> The container window for this spash picture has its width resized
>> according to the with of the text line(s) displayed. This
>> produces an a not nice "oscillating" effect on the screen.

Your font size got to be HUGE. I would suggest you start gimp using the --no-splash command-line option to workaround this problem.

PS: I am planning to do some changes to the splash window today or
   tomorrow. Should be trivial to work around this problem by cutting
   the text off if it's too wide.

I don't think my font size is so huge ;-)

I join (for you, not for the list, as requested by Henrik) a screenshot of what happens with the French locale.

I was not able, after lots of tries, to get a capture of the same thing with the C locale, I'm always out of sync: this happens only in one case, when it is loading the "Resource configuration" and the displayed path is too long, it is "/home/jean-luc/.gimp1.3/pluginrc" ; this text is larger that the width of the splash image so the windows width is increased accordingly.

*I* can survive with this "problem". It is not looking so pretty that's all ..

                        - Jean-Luc