> Another argument is that we would certainly not want to drop the > current user interface since it works well for a lot of people. So

I seriously doubt that any user would object against having WiW in the preferences.

That's not my point. But adding WiW to the GIMP code will almost certainly add a level of complexity to to the user interface code. Let alone the fact that noone has yet come up with a proposal on how plug-in dialogs should be handled.

IMHO, the plugins could be left un-bound to any window as they are atm. Or is there a hard coded underlying attachment between the plugin and parent windows required for it all to work?

Kind regards

JG