On Tue, 2004-07-06 at 19:45, Sven Neumann wrote:
> The fact that the PDB uses arrays doesn't necessarily mean that a
> language binding such as Tiny-Fu needs to represent them as arrays.
> One of the most annoying bits of Script-Fu is that it forces you to
> work with arrays even though the natural choice for a scheme dialekt
> would be lists. If Tiny-Fu cannot provide backward-compatibility, then
> it should overcome this mistake and map the PDB API to lists.

Tiny-Fu makes no attempt to provide backwards compatability with the
SIOD Scheme interpreter way of doing things. It expects scripts to
follow the current Scheme standard as defined in the R5RS document.

Since the R5RS does not define an array type, any script which uses
arrays either internally or when dealing with PDB calls needs to be
modified to use a list. The marshalling code of Tiny-Fu converts between
PDB *ARRAY and Scheme lists as needed. The alternative would be to use a
Scheme vector but instead of a list. Using a list seemed like the
simplest approach.

--
Cheers!

Packet:[EMAIL PROTECTED]|  Try to assimilate the world!"