Hi Robert,

Robert L Krawitz wrote:

Won't they have (already be having) exactly the same problem with any
other EXIF-aware viewer or editor?

I doubt anyone who's encountered this issue opening files in other programs will have twigged that GIMP caused it :)

Raphael's proposal sounds right on the money to me.

It comes down to a question of what's most annoying:
(1) having to rotate manually an unknown, but possibly quite small number of existing images, on a one-off basis, or
(2) having to dismiss (or find a way of permanently disabling) an extra dialog for every existing and future image that has the relevant EXIF flag set.

I'd opt for (1) every time. I could live with (2), if and only if there's a bug-me-not option to get rid of it.

All the best,
Alastair M. Robinson