On Sun, Feb 06, 2005 at 02:48:03PM +0100, Sven Neumann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> keybindings have been added and some of the focus problems have been
> eliminated. These changes improve usability of the file chooser a lot
> and I think that it can now really be called an improvement over the
> old GtkFileSelection widget. But of course you will disagree with me.

In some directories it takes the Save As dialog a verified 40 minutes to
open. Tab completion is still missing. I still have to use my mouse for
every operation in the layers dialog because no shortcuts work there, etc.

For me, gimp-2.x is a big step backwards in usability, and I am not alone,
and I still use 1.3 for editing sometimes, and I think it sucks compared
to the power 2.x offers, but at least I can work pretty fast with it.

Many people have voiced their concerns, and I think it's a shame that they
all get ignored.

                The choice of a
      ----==-- _       generation     Marc Lehmann
      ---==---(_)__  __ ____  __      [EMAIL PROTECTED]