Sven Neumann wrote:
How can a plugin have access to this preferences?

They cannot yet.

ok.
The original patch that I applied to HEAD did have this option but I
removed it since I think we should rather use the established
locations for ICC profiles that are shared between apps.

You mean /usr/share/color/icc and ~/.color/icc ?
What about running Gimp on windows?Â
I think that it could be useful if that user can add additional profiles directories to the default ones. Think about advanced users that could have a lot of specific profiles depending on the situation.

I have noticed that parasites are saved/restored from file depending
on the file format used. (for example in tiff they work and in jpg
not). I assume that it is not a bug, but a limitation of the graphic
format itself. Is this theory true?

Parasites can only stored in XCF files.

But I have checked that the "icc-profile" parasite can be recovered from a Tiff file, but not from a jpg file. I assume that "icc-profile" parasite can be stored in tiff, but not in jpg. Am I right?

--
Jordi CantÃn
http://www.virtual-sub.org