On Saturday 12 February 2005 08:13, John Cupitt wrote:
> On Sat, 12 Feb 2005 13:54:39 +0100, Sven Neumann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> > Color management on Windows would ideally be implemented using the
> > color management capabilities of the operating system. Same on Mac
OS
> > X where ColorSync should be used. For now we will however
concentrate
> > on the LCMS based implementation and of course we will make sure
that
> > it works on all supported platforms.
>
> My understanding (please correct me, I don't have personal experience
> of this) is that the windows CMS is (or was?) rather broken:

This is still correct.  Window CMS is basicly broken and applications
implement CMS is what amounts to pockets of fuctionality.  So on
Windows I use Photoshop's CM and Adobe gamma to implement my CMS.  I
even turn off the CM functions in my printer drivers because these are
not usable for serious CM work as it is to hard to predict what it
will do.  So all Windows has at this time is a frame work for where
profiles are stored.  I think we can do much better.

--
Hal V. Engel