<[EMAIL PROTECTED] ( Marc) (A.) (Lehmann )> writes:

> I don't know what "I am smoking", but this very compaint has come up
> a number of times, and your only reaction is to talk it down.

That is a blatant lie. The reaction to these concerns is that me and
other GIMP developers have spent a lot of our free time discussing
these concern with Federico and other GTK+ developers, entering bug
reports and writing patches to fix them. The fact that you completely
ignore this and stick to your lies is becoming rather insulting.

> No, it does not at all work surprisingly well. It is *extremely*
> slow, it hinders, it flickers, it destroys the selection, it pops up
> a window. It feels like an ugly kludge and certainly does not wor
> "surprisingly well".

I cannot reproduce most of your problems. At least not from this
description. If you want to be taken seriously, then please come up
with serious descriptions and make sure that comprehensive and useful
bug reports exist for them.

> You also said file dialogs should go away (in some distant future) and
> people should use drag&drop.

You misunderstood me. I didn't say that DND is going to replace file
choosers. I said that sooner or later most people will not even know
about the concept of hierarchical file systems. That doesn't mean that
they will be dragging in files from file managers. File managers will
also cease to exist (at least for a large user group).