On Tue, Aug 16, 2005 at 11:05:59PM +0200, Sven Neumann wrote:

> > I've been watching the (Gimp)web site for some time.  Is there some
> > realistic date when we can expect to see the 'Resources' section
> > updated??
>
> Since there is absolutely no progress whatsoever with the GIMP
> website, this isn't likely to happen ever. Perhaps you want to help
> us to get the website back to live?

the gimp developers seem to be plagued by low self esteem.  one good way
to get people involved is to perhaps offer something that builds
confidence and displays good faith in an individuals ability to take on
a project like that like a publisher.

we have had quite a display of what handling a web project as a display
of love and belief in a project will do for the project and the person.
lets see what more actual esteem building incentives might do.

is there something that can look good and build esteem that we can share
to get people interested?

do we offer them whatever software they want, for instance?  do we tell
them to use cvs which automatically comes with your special friend
raphael?  do we encourage them to work on their own computer and then
beg for a dns thingie making it a gimp web site?

approach people involved as if they have a low self esteem rather than
a self esteem that needs to be broken.  which one works?

carol