Lance Dockins <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> I should also clarify that I have considered switching to Linux to
> make this easier, but I just don't have the time, money, and hardware
> to do so without destroying the Win32 environment I'm required to use
> in the professional world.  My guess is that's the case for many
> Windows users who would like to be able to compile from tarball/CVS
> without such hassles as we've described here.  Grant that I don't
> speak for everyone using Win32, but I'd imagine you'd see a positive
> reception from such an endeavor from more than one Win32 user.

Why would users want to compile development snapshots? I see the point
in making it easier for people to develop on Windows and I would also
like to see some features being tested earlier on all platforms, but
still fail to see why users would want to compile a 2.3.x release.
They can use the binary packages.