From: Leon Brooks <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
   Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2006 18:28:22 +0800

   On Wednesday 15 February 2006 16:18, Sven Neumann wrote:
   > The user should never ever have to do this. We need to either
   > move some of our resource files into a visible folder or we
   > need to provide a user interface to manage resource files that
   > doesn't involve using a file manager.

   All of which sounds like _much_ more work (and many more design
   decisions) than simply making the file selector work consistently.

Not to mention that someone might want to edit files in a hidden
directory for other reasons (e. g. thumbnail files stored in

Project lead for Gutenprint   --

--Eric Crampton