From: Juhana Sadeharju <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

>The handles may confuse users if really the grabbing can be done by
>clicking in anywhere on the edge. (That is the preferred way to do it
>since the first interactive graphics system was written.)
>The handles should be removed.

What you are saying makes sense, but there needs to be some
visual indication that the rectangle can be modified by moving
the edges -- it must not look like a plain ordinary selection.
If you can think of a better way of doing this, I believe we would
be open to it.  Originally we did it by showing the edges of
the rectangle in solid black, but I think most people who have
tried it feel that it is more pleasant to work with using the
four little squares.

  -- Bill

Sent via the CNPRC Email system at primate.ucdavis.edu