Scripsit Sven Neumann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> Gegl doesn't support images with indexed colors and I very much doubt
> that it ever will support it. It is rather likely that indexed mode will
> be completely handled by load and save plug-ins in a gegl-based GIMP. If
> there's a need for editing indexed mode, this need will likey have to be
> fulfilled by a different application then.

Or rather, we who need indexed imaged would have to fork Gimp from the
last sane version.

Henning Makholm       "It was intended to compile from some approximation to
                 the M-notation, but the M-notation was never fully defined,
                because representing LISP functions by LISP lists became the
 dominant programming language when the interpreter later became available."