On Wed, 12 Sep 2007 14:36:35 +0000 (UTC), Christian Henz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Raphaël Quinet <raphael <at> gimp.org> writes:
> > Yes, there is:
> >  - Alt+Ctrl moves the selected pixels.
> >  - Alt+Shift moves a copy of the selected pixels.
> I'm currently struggling with this in 2.4.0-rc2:
> After selecting a region, I can resize and move the selection by dragging
> the mouse within the selection. When I press either Alt+Ctrl or Alt+Shift, I
> can
> start a new selection within the area of the current selection. I have not
> found
> a way to move the pixels yet (except cut-and-paste of course).

Did you first confirm the selection by pressing Enter or clicking once
inside it?  Once the editable rectangle is confirmed and turned into a
"real" selection, you should be able to move its contents with Alt+Ctrl.

> Also, In the move tool, the options in the "Selection" tab are always
> disabled,
> and there are two entries named "Move selection".

This looks like a bug.