From: Csar Rolln [EMAIL PROTECTED]

> Please, don't remove the Wrap and Smear options,
> because it are useful (tileable patterns is a example).
> Removing the functionality of GIMP isn't usability.

As I tried to explain, Wrap is not useful with edge detection.
It is very useful with blurring, because it makes opposite
edges look similar.  With edge detection, all it does is to
cause an edge to be drawn at the border of the selection --
an ugly, uneven edge in the great majority of cases. For
tiling, the goal is to *avoid* making the border of the
selection visible.  I think you probably have never actually
tried to use the Edge plug-in in this way, or you would have
seen this for yourself.

  -- Bill