On Thu, 2008-01-24 at 06:35 +0100, Martin Nordholts wrote:

> It would also be nice to get the Polygonal Select Tool details sorted
> out for 2.6. There is code for such a tool in bug #119646 [1], the
> question is just to what extent it should be merged/integrated with the
> Free Select Tool. Should it be possible to use the Polygonal Select Tool
> for free hand-type selections too, or should it be a strict polygonal
> tool? Exactly how should it behave?

Would it make sense to add it as a new tool now (provided that Jimmac
draws a nice icon for it)? I guess we can always merge it with the Free
Select tool later if that is desired.

Oh, and we should perhaps think about adding some tool categories. There
are already way too many tools in our toolbox. I guess that putting them
into groups and separating these groups visually would help a lot.