Alexander Rabtchevich wrote:
> And I can see freehand and polygonal selection tools as two different
> tools or modes. The main wish is to be able to handle any existing
> selection as a set of Bezier curves (or polygonals). So one can draw a
> selection as he wishes with any of existing tools, using existing
> modifiers. And if he wants to correct the existing selection in a
> regular way, he switches to the polygonal selection tool and starts
> editing already existing curve. Of course, selection can be done from
> scratch with the polygonal selection tool itself. This approach exists
> in vector graphics editors.

Hello

Just wanted to mention this since it appears if you haven't noticed it:

You can already now do what you are asking for:
1. Make an arbitrary selection
2. Select -> To Path
3. Use the Path Tool to edit the created path
4. Select -> From Path

The Polygonal Select Tool should IMO only fill the void of a way to
quickly make polygonal selections. (If it will even be a separate tool
and not just en enhancement to the Free Select Tool.)

BR,
Martin Nordholts