On Fri, Feb 15, 2008 at 8:47 AM, Bill Skaggs wrote:
> One of the minor annoyances of using Gimp is that the Layer Mode
>  menu (and paint mode menu, etc) is unpleasantly long -- for me, it
>  nearly extends from the top to the bottom of the screen.

It very much depends on particular GTK+ theme in use. I've used few
Murrina (a GTK+ engine) based themes that a *very* compact. For
instance, the whole list of layer modes takes something between 1/2
and 1/3 with them on my aging 1280x800 px laptop.

Thus I'd rather encourage creating improved Default/Smaller themes :)