Bill wrote:

> It seems to me
> that the separators are not that important, because the categories
> are pretty artificial in the first place, and were really imposed
> mostly
> to give the very long list some structure, as far as I can see.
> But this
> is something that you should consider.

separators are very important in a menu, to be able to deal with many
(> 5)
items, by putting them in sub groups, you get your bearing for aiming.
even arbitrary sub-grouping is better than none.

> Anyway, I would like to make this change, and I wonder if there are
> objections.

yeah, this is also harder to use because you have to do a controlled
sideways movement to get from one column to the other.

sorry: no cigar...

             man + machine interface works
 : on interaction architecture