I recently setup a proposal for Google Summer of Code that involves a
gallery-style batch processor--a separate window that could display various
sorting routines on images based on brightness, size, energy level, etc.
Images could be grouped into sets that could be batch-processed like having
all the selected or stacked images normalized to filtered with a sepia
effect.  I was wondering if anyone would find this useful.

I know several applications already provide some of this functionality
outside of GIMP, but I believe they can be done better.  For example, Dave's
batch processor provides batch-processing in GIMP in the form of a plugin,
but lacks visual thumbnails of the various images.  Other applications don't
have the cross-platform penetration that GIMP has.