I run Gimp 2.2 on a Red Hat machine. The Perl scripts delete the images
that are created by using gimp_image_delete. Even so, the swap file is
created and it inflates significantly. For instance, after creating 250
images its size is of 2.7 MB. If the image is not deleted in the script,
then after the same amount of images created the size of the swap file
is of 900 MB.

I would be interested in eliminating the swap file or at least limiting
its size. I think it should resize itself, but this doesn't happen. Is
there a setting in gimprc for this?