Hi Sven,

When I reported this issue on Gimp 1.2, you said it wasn't maintained
any longer and to try version 2.2. I'll see if the upgrade can be done
to version 2.4.

Unfortunately I am not the one that decides which version to install.
There are issues with the dependencies I have been told.

By deleting the images the memory leak is not eliminated. We only can
stop the swap file to inflate itself so fast.