On Tue, 2008-07-08 at 08:25 +0200, Sven Neumann wrote:

> Geert has made some progress on the patch to improve downscaling
> quality in GIMP (http://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=464466) and
> we would like to include this change for GIMP 2.6. But in order to do
> this, we need to know if the approach taken with this patch is indeed
> an improvement over the current state. We also need to check that the
> code does not break for certain cases. It would be awesome if the main
> developers could get some help with this task.

Since no one has offered to help with this bug so far, I see two

(1) postpone this change for 2.8
(2) commit the changes and release them with 2.5.2, revert if needed

I am in favor of option (2). But this has the potential of delaying the
2.6 release. It's quite likely that just committing the code and
releasing it in a developer release is not going to give it the
systematic testing that it should get. So I would still prefer if
someone would volunteer for this job...


Gimp-developer mailing list

Reply via email to